We are seeking people who want to make a positive impact in the lives of local students!
Become an AmeriCorps member and mentor local students!
If you are between the ages of 18-25 and want to make a difference in our community, we want you!
- United Way has openings for 14 AmeriCorps members*, ages 18-25.
- Each AmeriCorps member will coordinate a lunchtime mentoring program in a local middle school during the 2021-2022 school year.
- Each AmeriCorps member will serve 1,200 hours per year (about 30 hours per week) from September 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022.
- Each AmeriCorps member will earn a $15,173.52 living allowance ($1,517.35 per month).
- Each AmeriCorps member will earn a $4,441.50 educational award at the end of the service term.
What is AmeriCorps?
- AmeriCorps is a national program of public service
- AmeriCorps members help tackle the country's most pressing challenges
- More than 270,000 people enroll with AmeriCorps each year
- Learn more about the AmeriCorps program
Benefits of serving with AmeriCorps include:
- Build skills that are in demand by employers
- Grow your professional network
- Receive a living stipend
- Receive training and professional development
- Receive a financial award toward your education at the end of your service
- Receive student loan forbearance during service
- AmeriCorps experience looks great on your resume
- Help others and make a difference!
How to apply:
- Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled
Email Paul Klein or call 509-581-3939.
*AmeriCorps members will be part of the 2021-2022 Washington State COVID Response Corps