We are seeking people who want to make a positive impact in the lives of local students!
Become an AmeriCorps member and mentor local students!
If you are between the ages of 18-25 and want to make a difference in our community, we want you!
United Way has openings on our 2021-2022 AmeriCorps team for individuals aged 18-25* seeking to make a difference in the lives of local students. As an AmeriCorps Member you will:
- Coordinate a lunchtime mentoring program in a local middle school during the 2021-2022 school year.
- Serve either 20, 30, or 40 hours per week between September 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022.
- Earn a living allowance monthly and educational award at the end of service depending on hours served:
**Health insurance and childcare assistance is also available for 40 hour/week positions
What is AmeriCorps?
- AmeriCorps is a national program of public service
- AmeriCorps members help tackle the country's most pressing challenges
- More than 270,000 people enroll with AmeriCorps each year
- Learn more about the AmeriCorps program
Benefits of serving with AmeriCorps include:
- Build skills that are in demand by employers
- Grow your professional network
- Receive a living stipend
- Receive training and professional development
- Receive a financial award toward your education at the end of your service
- Receive student loan forbearance during service
- AmeriCorps experience looks great on your resume
- Help others and make a difference!
How to apply:
Apply online or
- Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled
Email Paul Klein or call 509-581-3939.
*AmeriCorps members will be part of the 2021-2022 Washington State COVID Response Corps