Make a Difference by Mentoring a Local Middle Schooler
Are you interested in making a difference in the life of a local middle schooler during your lunch break? If so, we invite you to serve as a volunteer mentor in United Way's 2022-2023 middle school lunchtime mentoring program!
Mentors will meet with their mentees once a week, on the school grounds, for 45 minutes during the mentee's lunch period from October 2022 - May 2023. United Way will provide all necessary training, and no prior experience is necessary. Mentors can choose from among participating middle schools in Benton or Franklin Counties.
What you will do as a mentor:
- Listen and be a reliable, positive adult role model.
- Support student success by helping your mentee feel good about him/herself.
- Dependable, responsible, and patient.
- Positive attitude
- Good listener
- Able to meet for 45 minutes once a week for the school year (September – June)
- Able to attend quarterly mentor trainings at United Way or over Zoom
- Making a difference in a child’s life.
- Giving back to the community.
How to apply:
Interested future mentors must fill out an application, complete a short interview, and pass a school district background check. United Way staff will contact you with next steps.
Email Paul Klein or call 509-581-3939.