OUR COMMITMENT TO OUR DONORS
We will not sell, share, or trade our donors’ names or Personal Information with any third party other than our service providers, nor send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations.
This Policy applies to all Personal Information received by United Way of Benton & Franklin Counties (UWBFC), both online and offline, on any Platform (“Platform” includes UWBFC’s website (https://www.uwbfco.org); social media channels; electronic and paper fundraising, event management, and grant management programs; electronic and paper communications; and other programs that UWBFC may deploy to fulfill its mission); as well as any electronic, written, or oral communications.
Collection of Personal Information. When you interact with us through the Site, and forms of communication in addition to the Site, we may collect information from you as described below.
• Sensitive Information. Unless we specifically request or invite it, we ask that you not send or otherwise disclose to us your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background, or trade union membership. In those cases where we may request or invite you to provide the foregoing information, we will only do so with your express consent, in accordance with applicable data protection law requirements. Where you provide us with such information without request from UWBFC, we reserve the right (but do not have any obligation) to erase any such information at our discretion.
• Information About Minors. The Site is not intended for persons under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information online from this age group. We reserve the right to delete any information identified as having been provided by such persons through the Site, and forms of communication in addition to the Site, at our discretion. We may collect Personal Information from persons under age 13, for specific programs, but will do so only with the written consent of a parent or guardian.
• Location Information. Any comment system on the Site may utilize an opt-in geolocation service in accordance with a prevailing community standard such as HTML 5. Such geolocation opt-in ability is managed by the user’s browser settings. If a user chooses to opt-in to the geolocation service, the user’s comments may be associated with the user’s location, both internally within UWBFC and publicly on the Site.
• Passive Information Collection, Use, and Choices. As you navigate the Site, certain Personal Information may be passively collected, meaning it is gathered automatically without your actively providing it. This is done using the following techniques in the following ways:
• IP Addresses: An IP address is a unique identifier that certain electronic devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. When you visit our Site, we may view the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. We use this information to determine the general physical location of the device and understand from what geographic regions our website visitors come. We may use this information to enhance our Site.
• Use of a Browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type and operating system type and version screen resolution, and Internet browser type and version.
• Social Media Widgets: Our Site may include social media tools, including social media widgets or plug-ins, to connect you to your social media accounts. These features may set a cookie or use other automatic collection and tracking technologies to collect information about you and your use of the social media features through and in connection with our Site. A third party may host these social media tools. Your interactions with these tools and the corresponding social media platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide such platforms.
• to respond to your inquiries, send information that you request, and to process your donations;
• to send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, and other administrative information;
• to notify you about upcoming events and donations;
• to promote our mission and initiatives;
• for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, recordkeeping, developing new products or services, enhancing the Site and forms of communication in addition to the Site, improving our services, identifying Site usage trends, optimizing your experience on the Site and other forms of communication, and determining the effectiveness of our fundraising;
• if you choose to complete a survey, we may use the information for purposes of evaluating your feedback from the survey; and
• if we intend to collect and use Personal Information for another purpose, we may seek your permission at the time the information is collected.
• to the companies or individuals that we hire to provide services to us, such as website hosting services, relationship management services, and payment processing; and
• to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, or assets (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We may use and disclose Personal Information collected through the Site, and forms of communication in addition to the Site, as we believe to be necessary or appropriate:
• under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
• to comply with legal process;
• to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
• to enforce our terms and conditions;
• to protect our operations;
• to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of you or others; and
• to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
INFORMATION SECURITY AND STORAGE
Security. UWBFC takes reasonable steps to protect the information collected and provided via the Site, and forms of communication in addition to the Site, from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We use a variety of security measures to protect your data, including physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards. Paper products containing Personal Information, are stored in a locked room at UWBFC, and are managed according to our document retention policy with secured shredding, conducted by a third-party, at the end of the required storage period. We incorporate industry standard security controls (like firewalls) and protocols (like SSL/TLS) to create a site that is resistant to standard internet-based threats. We protect the security of credit card transactions by using only large-scale, third-party PCI Compliant credit card processors for the storage and encryption of all credit card data, in addition to encryption of websites directly maintained by UWBFC. No website or electronic data can ever be completely secure, but we are always working to maintain up-to-date and appropriate security mechanisms. You agree that UWBFC shall not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site, and forms of communication in addition to the Site.
For questions about the privacy or handling of your Personal Information, contact us at email@example.com or 509-783-4102 or by mail to: United Way of Benton & Franklin Counties, Attn: Finance Dept., 401 N. Young St., Kennewick, WA 99336.