APPLY NOW FOR FUNDING
United Way of Benton & Franklin Counties is seeking proposals to address our community’s areas of need, including:
Programs must serve youth (birth through age 24) and/or their families. Supplemental funds will be available to increase awards made to programs with a focus on addressing racial equity. Requests that list United Way as the only funding source for any program will not be considered.
501(c)(3) agencies can apply for up to three programs for funding between $10,000 and $30,000 per program per year. Funding will run for 18 months, from January 2022 – June 2023.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Provides health or human services to children, youth, and/or their families in Benton and/or Franklin County, Washington, USA;
- Is a registered 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization in good standing with the IRS;
- Is registered with the Washington State Secretary of State as a charitable organization;
- Complies annually with the USA PATRIOT Act;
- Does not engage in discrimination because of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion or creed, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law in the delivery of services;
- Has an active board of directors that meets with a quorum at least quarterly;
- Prepares financial statements, at least quarterly, which are reviewed and approved by the board of directors;
- Files a Form 990 or 990-EZ with the Internal Revenue Service annually if gross receipts exceed $50,000, or files a Form 990-N Electronic Notice (e-Postcard) if gross receipts are at or below $50,000; and
- Submits to United Way an audited or reviewed financial statement for the 2019 fiscal year or more recent. Agencies with $250,000 or more in annual gross income must submit audited or reviewed financial statements to be eligible for funding. Agencies with less than $250,000 in annual gross income must submit compiled, board-reviewed financial statements to be eligible for funding. United Way will provide independent review of these statements.
More information available
- Attend an information meetings on Microsoft Teams on October 4 at 3pm; it will be repeated on October 5 at 8am. Attendance is optional.
- Get our Community Impact Funding Guidelines.
- Learn more about our Results Framework.
- Scan our FAQs.
How to Apply
Applications must be completed online at https://agency.e-cimpact.com/login.aspx?org=51090U
Applications due before 7:30am on November 1, 2021.
For questions, contact us at email@example.com or (509) 581–3947.
United Way of Benton & Franklin Counties improves lives and strengthens communities. We build collaborations with individuals, businesses, and nonprofits to address challenges that no one agency can solve alone to provide the building blocks of opportunity—education, income and health—that every person needs to thrive. Together, we’re solving our region’s biggest problems and creating lasting change.